Monday, 12 September 2011

Today's to do list.....



Get cat to the vets;


Practice sad face in the mirror just in case vet says it terminal.


Find the funding bid started in July for Befriending project on one of 24 frikkin data sticks I have on the go;


Finish re-writing the twice already re-written and very much overdue report for a charity that funds one of my projects;


Write and deliver induction for two new student social workers, who start tomorrow...who I have known about for, erm, three months, and, actually thinking about it ....I might have something saved on on of the aformentioned 24 data sticks....


Finish painting front room...went for a Swedish off white look...got the set from Willy Wonka's chocolate factory...remember the scene where Mike TV was sent as a TV signal? Well it's a bit brighter that that...cat has snow blindness and have to keep curtains closed. Hmmm.


Plan boyfriends 50th drinks – 3 week and counting; He is trying to ignore the upcoming big 50. Men, so vain. He thinks he is low maintaince. I explained that he is actually high maintainance, I just do all the boring (essential) stuff for him. Apart from chew his food, that is, though once he starts to loose the teeth.......


Phone my mother; She complained to my sister that the phone was on the blink and she couldn't hear it ring or indeed, when she answered, anyone talking.....and she has now admitted that, having had a flash all singing (ringing!) one paid for by my sister...it's actually my mother, not the phone. She is just completely deaf. Maybe a hearing dog...??


Bring in car for service following disaster on M40 when head gasket went;


Upgrade my AA account to include EVERYTHING that might happen on the M40 in a 10 yr old Peugeot with 100,000 miles on the clock;


Book and pay for driving lessons for darling daughter; SO SHE CAN DRIVE AWAY AND AND NOT BE IN MY FACE MOANING.


Try and find the letter from he dentist with darling daughter’s appointment date; Extract cracked retainers from behind her chest of drawers so she can at least pretend she has worn them. She'd be fekkin dead if I'd had to pay for all that work on her teeth...that she is rotting every weekend with CHERRY LAMBRINI!!!!


Help darling daughter to finish personal statement for uni; One very far away..LOl...no, I REALLY want her to live at home!!


Get the crap that’s been sitting in black bin liners for weeks in the spare room to the dump;


Sort out the cupboard under the stairs and remove the crap that came from the spare room to make room for said bin liners;


Book birthday treat for lovely boyfriend – he wants to go skiing or spend a week in Argentina over New Year;


Have a proper discussion with lovely boyfriend as to what constitutes a treat and how I do not want to go to Argentina for a week;


Buy fabric for baby quilt for nieces impending delivery;


Get sewing machine back off daughters friend so I can start said quilt;


Sort out the internet connection;


Return plug to those nice people at Belkin as they sent the wrong size for the ancient router we have;


Pay Orange dongle bill £117 - feck! No more Great British Bake Off on iPlayer for me!


Look for letter from orange re the bill in the recycling;


Sort out household paperwork, erm, actually look at what I'm putting into the green box....


Find the chunk of flashing that fell off the roof three months ago into the garden;


Check roof is not leaking – actually go into the loft, not just talk about it or stand outside looking up at the roof;


Get the courage up to check how much (little) is in my current account;


Tell ex hub I don’t want him to have his access visits in my house any more and that the kids will go to him instead; So he can mess up his own kitchen and NOT LOAD HIS OWN FEKKIN DISHWASHER.. not that this winds me up at all....hrrrmph. Oh and that they will be there overnight....hmmm! That'll put a halt to his gallop!


Tell kids that they will be going to dads on Tuesdays; Overnight! Wayhey!


Go back to slimming world to try and loose the weight I’ve gained since not going for 4 weeks; The Great British Bake Off HAS NOT HELPED IN ANYWAY HERE.


Sort out new school shoes for daughter;


Tell daughter she is grounded for being so rude to me about said shoes;


Check if there is any change from the £40 I gave darling daughter to buy shoes today;


And it’s only Monday….what’s on your mind??













    1 comment:

    auntiegwen said...

    Mae - I am so glad it's not only me, my lists look a bit like that too. I am now about 6 years overdue for my smear, a friend once unkindly jokes they wouldn't be able to take it for the dust!!!!!