Sunday, 30 January 2011

Thanks a bundle Mr Osborne, and your Tory toff coalition Lib Dem bastards!!!

I am about to be made redundant. I am one of the thousands being sacrificed on the altar of this bloody coalition and their apologists for the bastard bankers. I will have no job on 1st April. I am starting to panic. How will I pay the morgage? Keep 2 teenagers fed, watered and clothed? Continue to shop in Sainsbury's? Keep up the gym membership? Carry on buying nice bits in John Lewis's?

I've always worked. It never even crossed my mind to give up work and sign on as a lone parent when ex-hub buggered off. I've worked full time since I was 17. Nearly 30 years! Maybe I deserve a break? However, it would've been nice to have had a say in when I took a break...and for how long....! In fact I am the type of person this government loves - active in the community, a supportive parent who puts great emphasis on my kids doing well at school, a tax payer and a hard worker! Jeepers Mr O, I'm doing my part of the deal - what about you??

So being Miss Practical, I'm just going to get stuck in and look at what I can do to get myself another job, or at the very least check just what I'm entitled to from the state I've paid into for 30 years and up to now have never claimed anything off.....

I will keep you all posted via the blog....and if you are reading this Mr O.....two fingers to you and all your toff cronies. Grrrrr!

10 comments:

JoJo said...

just commented on British Mummy but wanted to say on here good luck in finding a new job!! JoJo

Suzanne said...

Good luck with the job hunting.

Jayne @ Mum's the Word said...

I hope it all turns out okay for you. If you were able to take a career break and decided you wanted to retrain, you can get a lot of help toward the cost of OU these days.

zooarchaeologist said...

Good luck with the job hunting, I think I will be in the same position shortly. Wrong, so very wrong...

Looking for Blue Sky said...

It's awful to read this...hope you find something else quickly. I lost my job in 2008 and I know how it feels x

auntiegwen said...

Oh fuck, if I hadn't moved jobs in November I would be in exactly the same position now. I wonder how long my new job will last for?

Good luck with the job hunting xxx

Sally said...

Sorry to hear. I've been made redundant three times now (I'm a journalist, it's an occupational hazard) and it sucks.

Good luck with job hunting, though, and with a bit of luck you'll be paying your taxes to keep the bastard bankers in bonuses in no time.

MaƱana Mama said...

Best of luck - hope it all turns out okay.

Minnie said...

Your account makes painful reading: intelligent, resourceful and responsible people shouldn't get shafted, should they?
But they do, oh they do ...
Hope by now that life has rewarded you.
Good luck!

Thomas said...

Cool!