Tuesday, 20 July 2010

Be Warned - I've been driven to having a Daily Mail Rant

Well. What a frikkin month I've had. Lots of tedious rubbish at work coupled with mega stresses at home. Work I can deal with - feckless parents and jobsworth colleagues. Easy. What is slightly more tricky is the ex-partner of a good friend taking him to court for a half a million. Yes - half a million pounds, to buy her a bigger house.

Now if he had half a million I wouldn't mind, but he doesn't. At least not in cash. He is a hardworking self employed builder who has put his hard earned cash into property over the last 20 years. Through the ups and downs of the property market. No pension. Just bricks and mortar. All sorted out so that once he has shuffled off this mortal coil, each child gets a property.

Him and his ex had a relationship and two kids were born. They split up before the second child was born. She has waged a campaign of hate and venom against him since the split, resulting in her not allowing any access to the kids. I won't go into the gorey details, but suffice to day she now has a police caution and harassement warning to her name. Classy.

So fast forwards 6 years and my friend is in court, having paid nearly a grand for a brief. She too is in court, having paid nothing for her barrister. He has to declare every nook and cranny of his affairs. She has submitted a page of A4 as she says she has no income.....despite having a workshop in her upstairs bedroom, churning out wedding dresses.... Hmmm. He has paid her maintence and paid his dues via the CSA, but she want more. More! Half a fekkin million more!!!!

She, get this, WANTS HIM TO BUY HER A BIGGER HOUSE. She has a house, with enough bedrooms, but just wants a bigger one. And she has been allowed to pursue this with the help of our very generous legal aid system.

Not fair!!! I rage against this!!! Apart from all the obvious stuff re the kids and access and fairness, what makes my blood boil is that she lets us, the so called sisterhood, down. How brazen is she, working and claiming benefits, rubbing all us hardworking lone mothers' noses in it?

But, and I know this, there are many more like this woman, dishonestly claiming poverty and living off the rest of us.

She has no shame. She has a house, which the state has paid for for the last 10 years. She has a talent, for which she could earn a legitimate wage, but chooses not to.

They are due back in court in October. I'll keep you posted.

10 comments:

Very Bored in Catalunya said...

Sadly this goes on far too often, and then lots of women get nada. All seems so unfair.

Retiredandcrazy said...

But isn't that the same throughout society? The dossers and manipulators end up on benefits etc whilst the honest citizens that have fallen on hard times get nothing because they a) don't know the system and b) have more pride than going begging for what should be their right. Don't get me going!

But as someone once told me years ago - she doesn't do this to him, she does it to herself. Hard to understand, but think about it. He will always work hard and succeed. She is stuck in the same neurotic, greedy place that she is in and will always remain there, needy and dishonest.

auntiegwen said...

Oh dear, not good xx

libby said...

Rant away....you have to let the fizz out of the bottle sometimes. This sort of person is only ever concerned with themselves, what they can get, honestly or dishonestly...lots of people work hard and live good and fair lives and as for the ones who don't .. well .. and you just have to hope that karma bites them in the bum one day.

Looking Fab in your forties said...

Completely out of order. Some women are so greedy!

Looking for Blue Sky said...

She sounds dreadful. And as you say the rest of us then get tarred with the same brush. I got told the other day that 'I got what I wanted' (by a male member of my own family) cos I have finally been able to move back into the family home with the kids after 4 years. Actually it was my exes idea and I went along with it for the sake of the kids - tho I am happy to be back :)

what happened ?how did i get HERE? said...

It's funny, but I feel a bit sorry for her really. Imagine being so consumed with something that it affects your entire life - she just won't let it go. And, as a bloody taxpayer it really pisses me off!!! However, the real casualties are the children....not nice to see the two people you love the most, tearing each other apart. Hmm.....the question she needs to ask is whether she loves the kids more than she hates him...just hope she comes to her senses....and of course he needs to ensure the financial security of his kids - and try and ignore, work round his ex. Good luck I say.....M xx

Moannie said...

This is one of the penalties of easy divorce...not in the sense of 'no-one gets hurt' easy...because there is no such thing as a pain free divorce, butin the sense of 'we've had a row, I'm leaving' easy. There are no winners in divorce. Only the lawyers.

Fat Grump said...

Oh dear. I'd be VERY tempted to write anonymously to the benefits department...or whatever it's called these days. She is cheating the system if she has an income she isn't declaring. I think whistle-blowers are protected, and the benefits people do follow up leads.

Isn't it sickening thet she gets legal aid to help her launch her greedy scheme too? It's just not fair. I hope your friend sees justice is done if he has faithfully supported his children.

That woman makes it bad for others who are alone (like me) but working hard to get on in life without using their ex as a long-term meal-ticket.

Irritatingly Optimistic said...

Sheesh! I'm fuming too and I don't even know the woman. I hate this kind of thing....but don't get me started...!