Sunday, 11 April 2010

yee har, alone again, almost!

The children have gone to their fathers for the week. I dropped them off on Friday evening and roared off to a child free week of bliss.....!

Now that might sound a bit harsh, but as much as I love my kids, I love them a bit more when they are away. It is sheer bliss to just sit, and not have to get up to find things, prepare meals, gather washing, load and unload dishwasher. I know that this will sound a bit odd, but my week would be even better if my lovely man was away too. I love him, but he drives me mad. I joked that I should get carers allowance for him - I laughed, he didn't. He likes to know what I'd doing. He pops in for cups of tea at various times during the day. He even wanted me to go on a bike ride with him and his son today! He couldn't understand that I just wanted to be by myself and potter round the house and garden.

Is is such a crime to want to potter round my own house? To do a bit of knitting, sort out my bits of fabric that I might one day make into a quilt? To feck about in the garden, sort out my recycling bins, hang some washing, listen to Poetry Please on R4?

I work full time so very rarely get time to potter. My lovely man does not get pottering. He has to be on the go all the time - it is exhausting....and I feel so guilty!

Am I wasting the day as he sees it? Or am I being sensible, recharging my batteries, helping to hold onto my sanity....or what is left of it?

Anyhoo, I'm making the most of the time I have left to myself today - my lovely man has just texted me, suggesting a walk along the river after tea. Hmmm, is there no escape!?

14 comments:

Moannie said...

You are in a bit of a dilemma, I can tell because I get those moments too. Not because I have kids under my feet, I wish...but because JP wants me to be busy when he is, then tells me off for getting under his feet. He used to leave me once a year to spend a few days with Number one and only son, in France and how I would stretch and grin and flex my body then sink down in a chair with a stack of books. But he doesn't want to go anymore [no-one left he knew] so I must make do with the escapes I get when Rugby is on...
Do your thing when you can and if it is with delish. hubby, so much the better.

veri word:halbawdy...that could work.

Mrs Worthington said...

Pottering is good. I flit between pottering and the go all the time depending on the day and how i feel but appreciate both. if you want to Chillax as my kids woudl say that just do it.

Kate said...

Oh - I'm with you. Time on your own is so lovely and so important. Delicious to potter in the house and listen to what you want on the radio. Enjoy it and resist all - well meaning - attempts at sabotage!

auntiegwen said...

I love being home alone even more than I did when I was a teenager and wanted to be home not alone with a million mates !

Mrs Worthington said...

have tagged you - sorry if you have already had this

Autumn Mist said...

I know what you mean about energetic men, mine is up with the lark, being Superman. I don't know where he gets his energy from. I have to sleep or I can't even see straight. Lovely blog, by the way, I read loads!

倫音 said...

人生中最好的禮物就是屬於自己的一部份......................................................

睿玄 said...

KK777一夜激情聊天live show成人自拍貼圖自慰少婦自拍裸體圖片台灣色情成人網站情人視訊網情色留言板視訊美女免費視訊聊天室限制級極度震撼情色論壇色情特區自拍裸女貼圖潮吹性影片觀賞小穴情色片a圖片sex story性愛影片美女做愛成人色情網站性愛圖片成人情色貼圖全裸寫真集圖片走光圖女生陰毛自慰影片色情av1007成人色情聊天室女生自慰裸體照成人影音聊天台灣色情網站色情片打手槍情色天堂成人視訊聊天免費情色網站av網超性感辣妹激突成人論壇情色視訊聊天鹹濕成人網站av成人論壇免費美女視訊

More than Just a Mother said...

I am so with you on this; I crave time on my own beyond anything else. I have only ever been in my house alone on about two occasions in the last three years. It's quiet and a bit eerie, but I love it.

BlancaMcleroy1230 said...

上床圖片av圖片免費色情圖台灣性網陰蒂淫妹貼圖色情激突成人論壇成人色情網激情成人聊天室情色影音鹹濕女生自慰影片淫慾自慰色情a片成人色情圖片網情人視訊網成人話題成人色情台灣成人淫蕩a圖片情色留言板女生奶頭情色成人全裸美女圖片情色寫真裸體照大奶子台灣色情成人網站一夜正妹美女裸體寫真g罩杯美女sex520情趣娃娃視訊打槍視訊辣妹uthome淫亂走光照av情色網女生高潮成人自拍火辣眉眉太太陰毛美女視訊聊天全裸入鏡火辣av三點全露

SungR_Auclair0佳亦 said...

great msg for me, thanks a lot dude˙﹏˙

CrystlePiper8455 said...

Some people cannot see the wood for the trees.......................................................

said...

your artical is so funny!! it make me so happy!! .............................................

婷妏 said...

青春一逝不復返,事業一失難有成。.............................................