Tuesday, 25 November 2008

Ok. The Halloween disco didn't happen for all sorts of reasons....mostly me, being the chair, not organising the bloody thing in time. So we are 2 months into the school year and around £500 down on our cash raising target. God, Catholic schools...no wonder the Church is a global force...hmm. On a positive note, I've finally given up the chairs position....someone actually volunteered to take on the mantle! Hillarious - I gave in gracefully and mentally legged it out the door. However,I have, against my better judgement, agreed to stay on as a year 5 parent rep. The new chair is quite mad and desperate to (and I quote...) "TRAILBLAZE NEW FUNDING AVENUES!!" Her capitalisation, my exclaimation marks.....ooh, lots of future blog posts here I feel....!

We had our first committee meeting tonight. How can 6 adults spend over an hour arguing over charging £2.50 or (HORRORS!!! )£3 for a visit to Santa and a free photo? We finally agreed on £2.50. Sheesh!

I have volunteered to be a little helper for the grotto. Bouncer more like as it's the junior disco - morbidly obese 10 year old boys grappling with our Santa over the present barrel (yes this did happen last year, ended when the local copper who had come to judge the disco stepped in and threatened to arrest us all, including Santa....). Hey ho!

5 comments:

Moannie said...

Oh dear, that sounds like fun...not.
I was terrible, never volounteered for anything as I recall.

Good luck, keep thinking Christian thoughts.
Is it too early to say 'Say Happy Christmas'?

auntiegwen said...

but did you eat biscuits ?

ala my sons perception of comittees who don't decide anything but get to eat biscuits !

BarbaraS said...

I am reading this right? A copper threatened to arrest everyone, including Santa? You couldn't make this up.

Retiredandcrazy said...

Your fundraiser could "TRAILBLAZE NEW FUNDING AVENUES" by selling the story of Santa's arrest to the papers. You should remember the squaddie mantra - never voluteer for anything.

what happened ?how did i get HERE? said...

All true ladies...and here I am, blogging till late into the night, having wrapped HUNDREDS (well a couple of hundred) Santy presents for the grotto...looking forwards to donning the elf costume to do the Juniors shift from 3-5 tomorrow...God help me..!