Sunday, 5 October 2008

A child called Rampton....

Just been to Aldi (Waitrose is but a dim memory..) and heard the funniest thing. An obviously stressed young mum was at the checkout with her son who was about 4 or so....he was getting fractious and he ran off. Without looking left or right, she screeched 'RAMPTON COME BACK'. Now, as used to stupid childrens' names as I am, working where I do, Rampton has taken the biscuit. Rampton, I thought was a high security mental hospital., NOT a name for a small child. Maybe, like Brooklyn Beckham, his parents wanted to celebrate where he was conceived.. Lets hope not. Yikes!

6 comments:

auntiegwen said...

When I was a student nurse I was present at the delivery of a Mercedes McDonald but I think Rampton beats it hands down !

Fat, frumpy and fifty... said...

RAMPTON GOOD GOD!! BUT A FUNNY TALE NONE THE LESS..

Moannie said...

What a great start in life...do you think they meant Rambo? Rambling would have been awful enough, but better...even Ramp..good grief!

what happened ?how did i get HERE? said...

Thanks for you comments girls...yes Rampton, what a dreadful name! I've also had a student called Sinderella, a year 1 child called Bayleee, and another called Jhon...!When I was baptised in Ireland in the 60s, the priest would refuse to baptise a child without a saints name...we thought it outrageous at the time,but in hindsight ...?!

LifeBehindTheCoach.com said...

blimey - poor child - you can't even shorten it can you? 'Here Ramp...come here Ramp' nope no better!

GreenJello said...

My neighbors just had a baby. They named him "Daniel Danger Smith". Can you even imagine?!?