Tuesday, 16 September 2008

Someone stop that woman...

I have done it again. Or rather not done it. Resign. Resign as chair of the PTA. I promised myself whilst wrestling a coconut from the sticky hands of a small child (thus preventing coconut GBH ) at the fete that I WOULD RESIGN or at the very least not stand for re-election. But her I am up to my armpits in preparations for not just the AGM, but a sodding fancy dress disco. Not a Halloween party, but a fancy dress....ghosts and ghoulies being frowned upon by the head, it being a catholic school 'n all...Although, I can guarantee at least half a dozen Freddie Krugers and that 'Scream' character just from the infants alone...! I will be going as my usual - a witch. It's the only time of the year that a pointy chin and long nose come into their own...!

The only consolation is that the two horrible REAL witches who made my life a misery last year have moved on ...to terrorise the senior school PTA no doubt. They were two of the most spectacularly stupid women I've had the ,erm, pleasure to meet. Bullies really. And, EVERYONE felt the same, except that they were too afraid to say..incredible!

So along with my full time job, addiction to the blogosphere, kids, darling daughter's GCSE prep,managing ex-hub and trying to keep my relationship on the straight and narrow with my lovely boyfriend, I have a whole new committee year to look forward to....Yay! Bring it on!! hmmmm.....

8 comments:

auntiegwen said...

Aw well,
it keeps you busy and out of the pub, unlike my good self !

you could always join me in the pub ...

LifeBehindTheCoach.com said...

You'll be fab at it - we women just are! Great blog

BarbaraS said...

Ah, don't you just love this time of year? You know what they say: if you want something done, ask a busy woman!

Retiredandcrazy said...

You should listen to auntiegwen. She talks sense!

Retiredandcrazy said...

Hi, come on over to my site to pick up an award.

Moannie said...

You are amazing. great post as per.

I never volounteered...clubs, committees,too many little Hitlers.
God, I'm a failure.

spacedlaw said...

Not sure as to whether offer congratulations or commiseration there.
Greetings from Italy from a black box traveller.

Millennium Housewife said...

Daughter has just started school, I consider myself warned. MH