Friday, 22 August 2008

Strange day. Drinking wine and eating crisps as I write this and consider my day. Radio 4 on, Bob Crow burbling on about oli company profits...

So, my day. Started off well with lovely boyfriend, buttery toast and lots of TLC...decided to work from home as I'd left the bike at his. Drank lots of vino last night so was feeling a bit fragile. Not having the kids with me leaves me slightly adrift and a bit of a social gadfly hence the increased booze intake. Spent the morning sorting out a referral to the local anti social behaviour group for a young boy who is terrorising the estate I'm working on. He is 12. I've know him 2 years and he just gets angrier and angrier. He is a big lad. He smokes. He rides a pimped up BMX. He walks as if he has a sawn off shotgun down the leg of his trousers. He is a charmer and at primary school, loved to dance and play rugby. He managed 4 months in secondary school before he was permenantly excluded. He has been arrested for criminal danage and GBH in the last 2 weeks alone. I decided last week that enough was enough. Zero tolerance time. This boy is out of control. His parents are not doing their job. He is almost as big as me and definitely stronger. He is potential nightmare, hence the referral...ASBO on the horizion I think....

Had a hillarious conversation with the arresting officer, a 50 something female PC with wry sense of humour. She is due to police the Notting Hill carnival on Monday and being a lady of a certain age (her words) would wear a Tena pad, to allow for lack of toilet facilities...too much information, but nice to think a small part of my council tax goes on incontinence pads for coppers...

The evening was spent with ex-hub and kids in a noodle bar. Very strange. Ex hub suggested I join them and even paid the bill. He was charming. The kids loved it. My 15 year old has accepted the divorce, but self harmed for a period and had counselling...my 9 year old has never accepted the divorce and simply refuses to accept the we are no longer man and wife despite the fact that we've both moved on and have new partners. What do we do? I'm all for letting sleeping dogs lie - neither me or his father will be scooting up the aisle any time soon unless those pigs finally sprout wings....or Ireland wins gold at the Olympics.

Enough of my ramblings. Another glass of vino and Police, Camera, Action on freeview.

8 comments:

Ariel said...

A pimped up... BMX? Uh? Good heavens, I'm so out of touch with the yoof of today! I thought it was only wheels - as in 4 wheels - that one pimped up...

what happened ?how did i get HERE? said...

I know! Next step,if he stays out of youth custody, will be a crappy little scooter, no helmet, pelting along through the estate at 30 miles an hour!!

zoe said...

And does he wear his jeans half-way down his legs? This is vital information for The Look.

what happened ?how did i get HERE? said...

no ....but he wears horrible trackie bottoms coupled with a chelsea top and huge trainers WITHOUT THE LACES DONE UP!!! AAAAAGH! This alone is enough to tip me over the edge...The older boys do the jeans thing, and spend their day with both hands fumbling around their crotch...what's that all about?

BarbaraS said...

Are they just checking to see that they haven't lost their privates inside all that material. I dunno, really I don't!

david mcmahon said...

The Notting Hill Carnival? That rings a bell....

I spent every summer in London as a cricket and tennis writer!!

(Thanks for the visit to my blog.)

Moannie said...

You are soooooooo funny. I shall never be able to look at a WPC again, in quite the same way

auntiegwen said...

I'm sure I taught his twin on Monday !