Wednesday, 20 August 2008

I've cheered up somewhat following my rather gloomy posting below....amazing what a bath, clearing a pile of ironing and some icecream and tinned peaches does for the psyche! Am off to the pub soon so will feel even more cheered up by 11pm...although the pub has no late licence we go there as it is the cheapest boozer in town...god bless you Mr Wetherspoon...£4.09 for a glass of merlot and a pint of abbots...bliss! Thank you Scrappy Sue and Emerging Writer....good advice...

It has made me think though, about the best way to deal with bouts of gloominess...being active seems to work, particulary doing something pretty mindless, but tricky if you know what I mean, like ironing. Plus, hearing about the plance crash in Madrid has very neatly put my low mood into sharp perspective....hmmm.

4 comments:

The Dotterel said...

Absolutely - what a tragedy. You're right about activity, too (although I hate ironing so much I think I'll stick to weeding!)

Miss Understood said...

Clearing a pile of ironing would make me positively depressed. Suicidal, even!

Great blog...I've linked you, if that's ok. And thanks for nominating me for Post of the Day...how lovely!

Crystal Jigsaw said...

It is so easy to fall into a depressive state. What's difficult is shaking oneself out of it. But you seem to be on the up again. I hope the ironing helps. I never do any so I wouldn't know. However, it feels very satisfactory to hoover, which I what I should be doing right now.

CJ xx
p.s. take care.

BarbaraS said...

Good to hear you're on the rise again, I know where you've been having been quite miserable during the summer. But I'm coming out of it now, nurtured by the fact that the kids get back to school very soon and the house will become a helluva a lot more manageable. You're right about the crash in Spain making us all feel a bit more grateful for things!