Tuesday, 22 July 2008

The summer fete has come and gone, and with it the last of my goodwill towards all men...and the mummy mafia. NEVER AGAIN. How did it come to this? Sorting bric a brac (a mountain of china shite) at 8pm on a Saturday night in a school hall ? Grappling with several gazebos at 9am on Sunday morning, all of which had some tiny, but essential, bit missing? Almost coming to blows over a chocolate fountain? Finding out that people actually WON THE COCONUT on the coconut shy. Sending a heavily pregnant friend to the local indian emporium to buy 30 coconuts. Yes, 30 COCONUTS. Sending a small child into a hedge to look for the balls from the coconut shy as we (!) had forgotten to put up the big huge unmissible MDF sheet against said hedge to avoid such a catastrophie. Pissing off 30 people who paid a quid for a tombola ticket in the hope of winning the booze and coming away with a coconut....I could go on, but I won't as I am boring myself, never mind you dear reader.....

My quest for fun,however briefly interruped by the sodding fete, goes on...

2 comments:

auntiegwen said...

My daughter won a 6 foot tall shark, there's a picture of it on my blog.

WTF am I meant to do with that ?

what happened ?how did i get HERE? said...

just put it back into next years donations pile! easy!