Monday, 7 July 2008

ok, here i am, at home sitting in what i can only describe as the back room of a chineese laundry, with pets. i am technically working from home, but have been sidetracked by a) the mounds of clean clothes for ironing; b) the slightly smaller mounds of dirty washing from the kids weekend with dad and piles of work/pta/bank/utility paperwork....

How did I get here? over 40, 2 kids, full time job, one ex husband, one boyfriend, 2 guinea pigs and a three legged cat. Life wasn't supposed to be like this. all this introspection has been prompted by some pics that an old boyfriend sent to me via facebook (I know! Me, facebook! thats a whole other posting..) anyhoo, there I was, 23 or thereabouts, looking like, well, a bit of a mess hair wise as this was 1988 and before st john of frieda came along...but I looked, well, untroubled, optimistic, and as if i was on the cusp of something great... of course at the time I thought i was hideous...

All that energy, wasted on a serious of rubbish jobs, men and frittered away in pints and large measures....never mind the thousands of fags smoked..

hmm, gloomy?! maybe just a bit...! Come and join me while i use this blog to keep me focussed and on track (years of managment have sullied my vocab) in my quest to find that 'old' me and get some fun back into my life....here goes!

2 comments:

A Confused Take That Fan said...

Hi there,
Thanks for popping by my blog and welcome to the land of blogging!

Swearing Mother said...

Hi! If you find your old self there, will you have a look to see if you can see my old self too?

Have lost my way a bit these days, just taking a blogging rest whilst you're at the very beginning..... ah bless.

Thanks for dropping by on my blog. I'll be back soon when I've sorted a few things out.